What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Mini"apolis

Only 17 made it through, huh? Out of 10,000? That's not too great, but what did we expect in Minneapolis?

Well I, unlike others, enjoy the auditions!!!! (Though I'm definitely ready for Hollywood by the time it finally comes along...) I love seeing the psychos, hearing the touching backstories, being surprised when something unexpectedly beautiful (or ugly for that matter!) comes out of someone's mouth... It's great!

I didn't take notes, so I don't remember much of it, but Randy was obnoxious, Simon was his usual self, Paula was more rude than normal, and Jewel seemed the nicest out of all of them. I guess that's what happens when you're a guest judge...

I can't remember the names (note to self: TAKE NOTES!), but I really like the girl with the long curly hair, the army girl was fun and I'll be looking to see what she can do, I liked the back story of the crack baby...and hmmm, I guess those are the only ones who stood out in my mind! Of course on the flip side you have the biggest AI fan, Apollo Creed, and the juggler - I cringe and turn away from the television with some of these poor people! But at the same time it's like a train wreck, your eyes are drawn back of their own volition... ;) I also thought it was so neat that the boss flew his employee out for a second audition (obviously they aren't showing them in order) and would have loved to see her get through! But she wasn't that great...darn it!!!! (And Randy and Simon were JERKS about that!)

I think I'm truly the last person to see the show now that we've moved to CA (I'm having withdrawals from my PA compadres!), and we have a very early schedule, but I'll try harder to post the day of...especially when we get down to the real stuff!

P.S. "Rapine" is a strange nickname...I'll just say that it came from my name (Robynne) being spell-checked and changed to "Rapine" (which I guess is what the spell-checker thinks Robynne should be!) by a fellow blogger :) . Now it's stuck!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Robynne's here!! Love the post! So glad you're here, whatever the time zone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robynne! who cares when you post, as long as you do! luv ya!

    ReplyDelete