What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Monday, February 05, 2007

What I'd Like, But What I Will (Vol 3.)

We've made it to the final week of screening auditions and my last chance to really complain about those terrible auditions. This week should be pretty good since we have the San Antonio auditions on Tuesday and a "Best of the Rest" show on Wednesday. Maybe Reason #1 in my last Idol Chatter wasn't too bad!

So, here we go with my third installment.

What I'd Like

1. Do I even bother? In a break from tradition, NO ONE dressed is crazy costumes or claiming to be the long-lost cousin/sibling/dog walker/stalker of any famous singer (especially Brian McKnight or any "diva") will be allowed to audition before the judges.

2. Instead of ogling scantily-clad female contestants and then asking Randy to support his decision to allow sub par talent to Hollywood, Simon will turn to Paula and ask, "As a woman, are you offended that I so obviously value 'marketability,' er, sex appeal, above talent in these cases?"

3. At the end of the San Antonio show, Ryan will think his mike is turned off, and he will be heard to say, "I'm so glad that's over! Can I stop being nice now? Why do I have to talk to all of these crazy people?!"

What I Will

1. Unfortunately, watching commercials for "House" or "Prison Break" or "24" or some similar "action/drama on adrenaline" type of program on high speed while I fast forward my Tivo will be infinitely more enjoyable than most of the auditions.

2. I will be spared the privilege of seeing quality auditions in San Antonio, but then treated to snippets of the "best of the rest" on Wednesday, still wondering where the "real" talent is.

3. San Antonio will bring us many "bigger in Texas" references, whether it be hats, talent, insanity, mouths, or obscene gestures. Many of these will never make it to the air over concerns over losing A.I.'s TV-PG rating.

So there it is. Let's see where I get it right (or more likely wrong) this week. Enjoy the insanity! It's almost over!

2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling bad that I didn't get a post in for the last auditions, I have been busier then you can imagine, and sickened by the talentless losers who they aired. But enough about me, about Mark....as my apology for not posting this week i will make my first prediction for this year's AI.

    Texas will provide us with a costumed jackass who will be given a golden ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is it poor of me to hope your prediction is completely wrong? The consolation is that after tonight, the pain is (hopefully) over!

    ReplyDelete