What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

4B - The Best(?) of the Rest

Christa Fazzino - Call for Phillip Morris!

Tami Gosnell - Decent voice, in tune, reminiscent of Gracie Slick, but less abrasive (vaguely referenced by Simon, as a singer from the 60s). I'm less in love with her than the judges, and think she'll be limited by her style, but we'll see...

Paul Kim - Smokey, sexy voice...I think the ladies will like him a lot. Why does Simon need to interrupt Paula's compliment and pretend to misinterpret her vote? What a maroon!

Gina Glocksen - Fair, but not enough, methinks. But she likes Simon, and we need some of that on the show.

So they give us more of it...good segue.

Edward Sanchez - If I was Paula, I'd learn from this not to hug the wannabes til they've sung first. But I guess maybe females do things differently. I'd probably make a lousy female, unless the hormones significantly altered my natural inclinations.

Carhops
Heather - too shakey
Ashley - average, but better - still no cigar.
Ebony Joynter - much better! The judges agree. I smirk with self-satisfied head-swelling.

Brandon Reid was very entertaining, but not for AI.

Wes - William E Samland - seems a bit affected pre-audition, but I was actually expecting something better than clap.stomp.clap.stomp.

The dancing segment brought back the painful memory of Elaine dancing(?) on Seinfeld. At least she was trying to be funny.

Alexander Nazario - lots of heart, not enough talent. Randy and Simon were much better behaved, at least.

Lakisha Jones - Pretty good with 'Think', but I have to wonder how she can handle a song she doesn't get to belt out.

Nice montage...first one I've really liked this season.

172 finalists! WOW! Next week's previews look brutal.

Now is this the season they're supposed to get more into the reality side of things, and show more of people in their living quarters and personal spats?

See you next week...

...John

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget, "clap.stomp.clap.stomp" will be releasd on an album soon. Do you still actually get your hopes up about these people. I figure the more time they spend on them this year, the more disappointed I'm liable to be. Sadly, I've been right more often than not.

    Another insightful post. I love getting your "live" reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgh, I hope they don't get more "reality" on us. I can proudly say I watch this show because it is a SINGING competition. I'm glad they don't do the reality stuff. Yuck.

    Love the stomp.clap.stomp.clap. bit. LOL!

    I agree with Mark--love the live review format.

    And Gina Glocksen! I stand corrected. SIX Golden Tickets.

    Urgh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you keep it on track - just review the contestants as they come up! I liked Paul, Ebony, and Lakisha. Hollywood looks *really* brutal, I hope we don't feel like we've only skimmed the surface there...I want to feel like I really know what's happening! Let's see some more talent! Until next week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My music is the Rock n Roll of the Future. The Idol judges really have no frame of reference for my music. They are judging on the standards of the past. Now is a new millennium, and it is time
    for a new paradigm.

    ReplyDelete