What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Week 4A - San Antonio

Last week of auditions...thank God!

Brian Kyrish looks scary from the get go. Yeah. I'd recommend anger management.

Haley Scarnato - Very nice. I have high hopes. She moved me, but I agree with Simon about the 'unique' or 'it' factor being in absence thus far. Hopefully she can bring it.

Jasmine Holland - nasal and banal. But must the boyz laff?

Baylie Brown - young, but quite attractive, and holds her own vocally. I think America will love her! Naturally Simon spots her right away.

Again with the stoopid door game?! Puh-leeze!

William Green - instead of laughing, why don't they just stop him?

His cousin, Akron Watson, did quite well. I liked him a lot, but he'll have to work hard, I think.

Sandie Chavez - the Phoebe Snow of AI auditions - fair in her very unique stylized way, but definitely an acquired taste.

Ashlyn Carr - beautiful young lady, and enough talent with her smokey voice to go a long way. I was typing, so I missed the facial expressions the judges got down on. I think they made a big mistake declining her. Simon acknowledges that, thank God. I looked more closely at the facial expressions the second time around. I don't think they're as much of a distraction as the judges do, but I understand their intent. On the other hand, Katharine McPhee's "voices in my head" remark comes to mind, and I wonder if she won't 'sink beneath their wisdom like a stone' during the coming weeks.

Jimmy McNeal - very melodious and powerful voice. I like him!

More auditions tomorrow? Yes - 'The Best of the Rest'. See you then...

...John

2 comments:

  1. Another insightful posting. When will those men grow up?! Never, I suppose. The entertainment world can sometimes be one big daycare, can't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great as always, John. Yeah, she toned down the facial expressions, so picture more of what you saw. You could tell she was trying really hard to tone it down while still singing well. I agree she's so pretty. I'm curious to see how she does in Hollywood. Great post!

    ReplyDelete