What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Monday, February 05, 2007

Katharine McPhee...

... will appear on the Rachel Ray Show, tomorrow, singing her new single. See you there!
(Sorry for the error - I originally said the Ellen Degeneres Show. I sit corrected. I wear orthopedic pants)

******************
UPDATE and REVIEW
******************

Katherine sang the biggest hit on her new album, 'Over It'. The live performance was even more spacious and lively than the studio version on the album. Accompanied by a backup trio and conga drums, as well as the usual instruments, she owned the song and gave me the same goosebumps as her performances on American Idol.

She talked of how much freer she now feels to be herself and not have the self-critical voices in her head that were a part of auditioning for the judges on the show.

Rachel noted that she's now being compared to Mariah and other star singers.

UPDATE

On Friday, 2/16, Katherine appeared on the Ellen Degeneres Show and sang 'Over It' once again. Her performance was slightly less inspiring than the one she gave on the Rachel Ray Show, but she's still going strong!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Thanks, John! I hear she has a whole new, sexy look . . . more mature, less pop idol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Over It" sounds really good. I had no doubt she could make a great album, I was just very curious to see what her "style" would end up being. I thought that was the one thing lacking in her A.I. run. We knew she could sing, but I never got the sense she'd defined a personal style, or found a way to let that through. I'm sure the album will do well.

    ReplyDelete