What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Various and Sundry


So, here's some AI gossip that might interest one and all. Oh, but first. Have I mentioned "THANK GOODNESS Hollywood starts this week!"? Ah, Hollywood. I remember that's where it really started to be all the more obvious that ELLIOTT was a leader among the masses. Remember when Elliott Yamin was up against that pushy, obnoxious Brittenum twin and a couple of other guys? And the twin fudged the lyrics and then gave a big, huge speech saying that he sang better than the others and that it's their fault he didn't do well because they didn't want to rehearse? And then Randy said something like, "Dawg, you wanna know who sang the best? That boy right there!" and he pointed to Elliott who humbly smiled and bowed like he does and went on to the fame he deserves (not enough fame--yet, in my opinion). I *love* Elliott!

Anyway, on to the gossip! I've got information about AI Alums and current contestants.

AI Alumni News

Chris Daughtry tells his fans to "Get over it." I'm happy for him and I really like him, so I mean this sincerely and not as a slam--I hope his marriage is really solid. His wife championing his cause was so heartwarming (I shed a tear) and with the schedule he must keep, I really do hope his marriage and family are solid. I imagine that it must be difficult to have that kind of success and schedule with both his career and his home life.

Katharine McPhee is savouring her success and appearing on magazine covers! She really is so beautiful.

Dreamgirls star Jennifer Hudson blasts 'Idol' as abusive and brainwashing.

Poor Jessica Sierra was being stalked after her stint on American Idol. Her stalker has been arrested.

Current Idol Contestants

Porcelana Patino (think "Rocky"--that girl who worked out and wore REALLY low-riding pants to her audition?) missed her TV airing to be by her dad's side at the hospital after he was involved in a hit-and-run.

Here's a VERY interesting (and perhaps surprising) interview with early favorite Sean Michel (think Fidel Castro)--I highly recommend reading this one!

Jamie Lynn Ward (the 17-year-old who cares for her paralyzed dad who shot her stepmomma when he caught her cheating?) -- apparently her family is speaking out about Jamie's recounting of events (apparently they have a different story) and for bringing up the past in her audition. Geez, I hope she doesn't get grounded.

Chris Sligh, Funny Guy. Here's a link to his blog. And here's a link to his MySpace page -- his music is SO good, much better than his audition. I hope he goes far.

Judges

Paula Abdul is NOT being replaced by Courtney Love -- apparently it was a hoax.

Early Favorites

Here is an article that lists early favorites including Chris Sligh, Sundance Head, Sean Michel, Sanjaya Malakar, Melinda Doolittle, and more. Vote for your favorite! Better yet, I'm making us our own poll! Be looking for it . . . them . . . I'm making several. :P

2 comments:

  1. Dude you have to check this out, these women think Sean Michel looks like lord jesus

    http://music143.blogspot.com/2007/
    02/american-idol.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Stacy! I love the gossip. Bring on Hollywood & the top 24

    ReplyDelete