What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Walking in Memphis

Well at least I have a *good* song in my head tonight. Now, THAT is what I call a GOOD audition show! A few not-so-great performances and a BUNCH of great ones! That's what I like to see!

I'm not sure why I like it so much tonight. It could be that the auditions were MUCH better than the previous week. It could be that it's only a 1-hour show. It could be that they showed a "Shrek the Third" promo. I don't know.

Frank Byers, cheerleader. I predicted the word "cabaret" coming from Simon's mouth. Give me a "C!" . . . at least even the "bad" auditions are good. This is a major step up.

Timika Sims. I didn't understand her either. But I love the slow, hokey music bio! And I'm totally curious to see what Mark's typing right behind me. Mr. Bucky impersonator himself.

Sundance Head. WOW. And Simon doesn't like Taylor, does he?

Another ogling moment. Simon to cute blonde after Randy disses her: "I know what Randy's saying, but (something, something, tone, voice, something), you're cute, Renee Zelweg . . . I mean, Danny! You have a blues-y tone that's unusual for someone your age."

Girl with her breasts falling out, I mean, sunglasses--Did she say that their first impression of her would be that she's "innocent, conservative, and sexy?" How is it possible to be none of those at the same time?

Fidel Castro! WOW! I love his voice! I hope he makes it past Hollywood and into the Top 12 just so the hair and make-up people can have their way with him. I wonder what's under all that hair?!

Back-up singer that looks like a short Jennifer Hudson--very good! Her neck emerges when she sings and goes away when she self-consciously talks, but she's good.

Once more, this time for the benefit of Randy and Simon, you can't be "one million per cent" anything.

Wow, this is so much better than the first week . . .

Stupid montages . . . What the heck is that guy pulling out of his pants?! . . .

And Phil Stacy? The guy who missed the birth of his baby? He DID sound better on the start of the 2nd song. Stupid Simon.

6 comments:

  1. Great post! Good thing you mentioned all of the good singers from tonight. Somehow I forgot the props for Film Festival, Miss Backup, and Kojak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. great post Stacy! i love what you remember about the show... I'm here trying to remember and I can only think of a handful of things to write about. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think "notecards" and "Tivo."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot to watch AI. GRRRRRRRRR.I cannot believe I did that. All I saw was the new father and I liked him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so first of all I think Simon was right about new dad and he did sound worse on the second song. In fact both songs sounded bad at the beginning. I like him but he sings right from a very tight nose and throat. He just needs some coaching.

    Secondly, I can't believe noone posted about the crazy boob chic stating that her look was part of her "confidentiality" meaning her confidence. That was my favorite part of the entire show. I just love it when people are just down home stupid. Not mentally ill but just plain ignorant. Now there is humor I can sink my teeth into.

    My two faves of the night were Castro and the backup singer. Both amazing talents who I can't wait to see in Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, I forgot boob girl and Fidel Castro! Thanks for the refresher on Fidel, but not "booby"... ;)

    ReplyDelete