What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Memphis

I didn't get to watch the show till today (sorry Stacy! ;) ), but it's still the auditions, which are pretty much all the same. In fact, that's what I'll start off with today!

I think I could write one review for all the auditions, then copy and paste it each week and it would be accurate!

It would go something like this:

I generally like everyone they put through. It's hard to really see what they've got when you only see them for a few seconds, but I look forward to seeing them in the future and seeing what they're *really* like.

The weirdos come out of the woodwork for the auditions no matter where they're at! There's a plentiful supply, and they're drawn to the AI tryouts. You can count of Fox to show them for about 95% of the show!

Notable moments in Memphis:

Ryan's picnic tablecloth shirt

Sundance's surprisingly good voice

Carol Brady's haircut on magenta hair

"I'm tempted to ask if you sang that to your wife the night before she left" - What a jerk you are Simon!

Melinda the back up singer - I *loved* what I saw of her! Her humility was refreshing, especially since she's sings REALLY WELL, unlike others who *aren't* humble, yet sing terribly!

Priorities: You miss the birth of your baby for AI tryouts? We'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say the baby wasn't expected that morning... I don't remember his name, but I agree with Randy: I really liked his voice but did NOT like watching him sing! We'll see what he's got in the future...

When they showed the "golden ticket holders" at the end, I recognized almost no one! I hope we get to see a little more of them before they get booted out of Hollywood.

That's all for now...you east coasters will be watching tonight's episode in 15 minutes!

4 comments:

  1. I think I read something about that guy whose wife had the baby. He got to audition early in order to get back to the hospital. In exchange A.I. got to film the "reunion." I don't remember where I read it, but I think he was the guy. Good voice overall, but a little strained to begin with.

    Did you catch all the cynicism in Simon's voice when people said family was more important than A.I., or that they had a family at all. It just confirms that in his mind Simon is indeed the center of the universe, and there is no room for anyone else. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the guy? I thought that was some marine from another city??

    Urgh on Simon. Having read his books, it's all the more clear that he REALLY is incredibly shallow that way. And he openly admits he doesn't have an ear for music--he's all about the image. Randy and Paula are the musicians, not Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The article I read was like three lines long, and not very well written, so I'm not sure about that guy. The article did say "taped reunion" and did say it would be in Memphis. I don't know. Maybe it's someone else. If so, ignore everything I've said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're probably right. I don't get much sleep, especially during AI seasons. :P

    ReplyDelete