What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Top 24 show that there are clearly 6 or 7 amazing singers out there.

OK so I sat through the guys and I thought to myself, this is why the audtions weeks were so long and horrible, they focused on freaks because this season lacked talent.

I mean sure, I think Blake Lewis really brought it, Chris Sligh is really kicking ass and taking names, Phil Stacey can sing once he gets past the suck beginning stage of every song and Sanjaya has all the little girls hearts a flutter. I was so sad that Sundance did his worst again. I have the sick feeling he was trying to show he isn't just a one sided gravel voiced blues singer...THAT'S WHAT WE WANT!

Personally, I think it was a lackluster night overall saved only by Blake and Chris Slight. My personal opinion is that Paul Kim better lace up his nikes because he will be walking home, but I think either Nick Pedro or Jared Carter will be keeping him company.

Needless to say I was not all psyched up about the girls performances tonight. I just figured we hardly knew any of them and the ones I did know, I only wanted to see a couple of. So, the night starts off with me half heartedly listening as I also worked on a medical online database project i'm trying to get kickstarted so I can make some money.

I'm thinking about how I will spend my small fortune when Stephanie Edwards decides to ruin my happy dreams by actually getting my attention away from my work. Thankfully Amy Krebs and Leslie Hunt sent me right back to that SQL stored procedure like a man on a mission. I was deep in thought when I heard Sabrina Sloan remind the Idol judges why they told her to come to Hollywood. Not to worry, I was clearly focused on my coding as soon as Antonella hit the stage and began brutalizing a wonderful Aerosmith song...glad they realize now they picked the wrong one. Jordin Sparks reminded me why I liked the Tracy Chapman singles I have, and Nicole Tranquillo sent me scrambling for the remote to lower the sound to avoid that horrible song. I realize the girl has a serious set of pipes, but lets all learn a Elliot Yamin lesson here. Singing eclectic sings that only other singers will appreciate for its difficulty does not get you the final spot...it does get you low votes and might kill your chances for this season. Haley dear please get the Broadway gig and leave us all alone already...I'm sure you are going to be fantastic as the teapot in Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. Melinda Doolittle took the stage and I put my laptop down and leaned back and smiled. That girl came out just to remind some of these young kids that this is a TALENT contest...get your head out of the makeup mirrors and work on your song choices, words and voices. I liked Alaina but I was bored nearly to napping. Gina Glocksen kept me from sleeping and from reaching for that laptop despite the fact that I am going to forget where I was in that code and have to re-figure it all out. I don't think she hit that note, but hell I think she was much better then most of the girls that hit the stage tonight. Then it happened, I like to call it the Mandisa moment. A woman took the stage, grabbed us all by the hair like ragdolls and made us listen and then dropped us on the floor and said...THAT'S HOW I DO IT.

I think we will be waving goodbye to Alaina, Amy, Leslie or Sabrina despite the fact that Antonella should be on the top of that list, I think she will skate through like Sundance will with the guys.

4 comments:

  1. Careful with the Elliott comments. Stacy may scratch your eyes out! Then you'll never finish that project. I think Elliott's song choices really only hurt him in his final performances, and two of the songs were not his fault.

    In the grand scheme, we'll probably still end up with a good Top 12 like we do every year, with half of them really standing out. I just hope more than one or two guys ends up in that elite group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, I like a couple of the male singers voices, but the self destruction levels are so clear it's almost like a neon flashing light on their heads.

    I'm not afraid of Bo, because she can't deny the truth, Elliot made some seriously bad song cholces which hurt him all along, he luckily made it through, but he had lost so much momentum by the end that I don't think great songs would have pulled him through. It also doesn't help that his face looked like a catcher's mitt, and that he had ears like a cab coming down the block with it's doors open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. I think the Hatfield-McCoy feud started over a comment like this. I'm sure Stacy feel you're entitled to your opinion, but she may be inclined to educate you about how some opinions, like underwear, should not be made visible in public... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that's it. Ralph, you're in deep doo doo (that's Mormon for @*$#). You can say what yo please but you only show your utter ignorance about singing, American Idol, and great contestants. Elliott is HANDS DOWN one of the best they've had. And you, my friend, are just jealous. ;) So, :P.

    ReplyDelete