What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Top 12 Girls

Top 12 Girls


Well, my, my, my! THAT was a fun night! And can I just say that we love Tivo? We start 20-30 minutes in and skip every commercial. LOVE it. Here we go.

Stephanie Edwards- I suspect, before her performance, that she's a bit of a Fantasia wannabe from the few clips we've seen. Yeah, she's very Fantasia-like. WOWzers, she's good! Gorgeous, attractive girl. Great performance. On her knees. Mad praise from the judges . . . and then she plays "Where is Pointer?" to show us which number to vote.

Amy Krebs- Knowing little else about her, her name is too science-y for me. Hey, I'm a nerd. "I Can't Make You Love Me" is not a good choice. Now that Constantine has done it, it's done. No one can do it like he has. It was flat and boring. And dang, it's gotta be rough to follow Stephanie. Yeah, it was very milquetoast for me.

Leslie Hunt- Great, now all I see is Harriet from Studio 60. Thanks, Mags! :P I like her! "You Make Me Feel" is another untouchable a la Kelly Clarkson. She was a bit drowned out by the background again. This is a Kelly Clarkson classic. Leslie looks great and is fun and perky, reminiscent of Meg Ryan in any 80s romantic flick. What could be viewed as awkward dance moves, on her come across as cute and quirky. I like her raspy voice. The judges are rough on her. I, however, like her. And given how some of the others fared, I think she'll be okay. She's not tops, but she's not bottoms either.

Sabrina Sloan- My first impressions were "skanky outfit" and, aside from that, she reminds me of Lisa Tucker looks wise. But you know? She has Chris Sligh on his feet. And with good reason. That was hot!! Some pitchy parts, but really a GREAT performance! Great stage presence. The judges love her. That's gotta feel good.

Antonella Barba- I bet her friend is kicking her TV set right now. "*I* should've been on that stage!" I've had enough of both of them even before this performance, but now I've really had my fill. You know who's really got good reason to be pissed? Marisa. The one they didn't pick in order to let Antonella, er, entertain us tonight. Before she sang, I was not predicting good things. I get nervous for her the way I used to with Ayla Brown (unnecessarily with Ayla maybe), but so be it. It's not just the tall, pretty thing either. She's untrained and "nervous girl" all over the place. And I've seen pictures of her on the potty. *I* don't even do that in front of people much less invite a camera in the bathroom. Yuck. I'm a little Elliott Reed that way. And oooh, she is off. Badly. She's a nervous wreck. "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing," she says. She does better controlling her voice than she does belting it. Belting is bad. That was bad. Urgh.

Jordin Sparks- She seems big next to Ryan! She's cute and very likeable (Robynne, that IS right--stupid spell checker :P) and she's very good!! Pass the sugar, Dawg. This girl can sang! I think it's cute how she can hardly contain herself. Beautiful smile. Beautiful girl and good singer.

Nicole Tranquillo- That was weird. Awkward beginning. It was spaztic, kinetic, frenetic. It was all over the place! I don't feel like that was her and I don't even know her! I have little sense of who she is. A yeller? Is she having a fit? Yeah, Randy, that is not her vibe. It didn't fit her. And that entire conversation about the word "indulgent" was just painful, too. How awkward must it have been for her to stand there and discuss a word she didn't understand?! She runs for a dictionary while we take a commercial break.

Haley Scarnato- I've had high hopes for her since a lot of people who find our site are searching for her. She has a Marie Osmond face. She's the backless pantsuit girl. She sang Celine, but she sounded like Belle from "Beauty and the Beast." I think the Disney people just found their next princess. The smokey lights and the sweet tone and looks? She did NOT do her homework like Sabrina did. It was a very Miss America/Disney Movie performance. Her voice is too sweet for this song ("All Coming Back To Me") and while it wasn't the worst tonight, I didn't like it. Um, the judges say, "It's not good" and then you tell Ryan, "Well, that's my style." Okay, so essentially, you just said, "I'm not good." Goodbye.

Woohoo, Fantasia is performing! I don't really like her songs, but I do LOVE to watch her perform! She's one of my favorites!!

Melinda Doolittle- Is anyone else seeing the "Doolittle" irony (Eliza)? I LOVE HER! And you just know those back up singers are gonna make her proud. Go, Melinda! She is so good, no, GREAT and unaffected. That was totally effortless and she's having fun. I like her very much! I love watching her perform and seeing her expression alternate between "I am hot!" and a pleasantly surprised "Holy cow! I'm hot!!" LOL! LOVE her! She's nervous for feedback?!?! Love her. And so does Simon! He must really tire of people thinking they're all that. I think he's enjoying how amazing it is to see someone discover their own greatness. And she does it so humbly. She's fantastic!

Alaina Alexander- She seems likeable, but she's very off. Randy has this new kind of "duh" groan/whine this season that does not mean good things. And she agrees! Another stupid, "Well, that's me!" comment. Again!

Gina Glocksen- Brave song. She has quite a range! I wasn't sure she was going to hit that note, but she pulled it off! She's actually very good! And, for the record, she DID hit it. It wasn't effortless, but she DID pull it off. And Simon will eat his words on that one, too, on the playback.

Lakisha Jones- How long will this diva queen keep her second name? It's so weird how she's so deadpan before and after in her interviews but a passionate smokin' powerhouse when she performs. THAT was phe-freaking-nomenal! It's a brave song, especially right now (kind of like when Nikko sang "Georgia" when the movie "Ray" came out), but she'll do it. I'm not nervous for her at all. Look out, Jennifer Hudson. THAT was HOT!! It's taking everything in Simon to not stand up. I think it's a rule he has for himself. Sometimes you just want to see him break free, don't you? :P Rewind it and watch him. That's the most difficult time I've ever seen him have containing himself. This could prove to be a boring season if we already know the winner, eh? He's already implying that 23 people should be packing their bags. Wow. Go Lakisha!!

So tops tonight are certainly Lakisha, Stephanie, and Melinda. Jordin is great, too. And there's very little middle ground tonight. They were either really great or really not.

Bottom Two? Amy Krebs, Antonella Barba, Nicole Tranquillo, Haley "Disney Princess" Scarnato, Alaina Alexander. I don't care. Pick 2 and make one of them Antonella. My guess is that Amy Krebs and Antonella are joining Sundance and Paul Kim.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, The girls are SO much better than the guys. Nicole is excluded from this. I literally had to FF her performance because it was painful for me to listen to her. What was that! I have to say, the black girls rocked the house. Stephanie, Lakisha, Sabrina, Jordin...awesome! White girls, you let me down...Gena excluded. I liked Gena a lot. She totally hit that note and for once I disagreed with Simon. She was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the girls take week 1 for sure! I agree Lakisha needs to drop the Jones. We have an initialed performer in A.J., now we need a one-namer! Again, great post. People will think we're comparing notes, but we all know you'd never share them! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could go back and watch Simon resist getting to his feet. I don't tape the show, and it's all I can do to catch an occasional glimpse of the performers while I'm typing, but it sounds well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the "Marisa vs. Antonella" thing...we only heard a little of Marisa, but I would have really like to hear more! Poor Antonella...

    Oh, thank you! Usually I'm a pretty good speller, and I just couldn't understand that "likable" one!! :)

    You and Mark are right about Lakisha, she must save all her passion and energy for the stage, since it doesn't come out in her interviews!

    ReplyDelete