What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

TOP 12 GIRLS!!!!

I'll start off by saying that Ryan is such a great host! I love him!

To get right to it:

STEPHANIE - She was very comfortable, very at ease (which was a definite change from the boys!). She seemed professional. Great job! And even more so because she started it off!

AMY - She did really well...again, I didn't see many nerves! It wasn't an "outstanding" performance, but I'd like to see more of her.

LESLIE - A 24 year old dog walker, huh? Is that her life's ambition? She's a little *wiggly* or something, but was good. I don't feel invested in her. I know the judges are going to say something about the song being "too big" - Huh, I'm a psychic! ;) There it is from Randy. Maybe Simon was trying to say she was *wiggly*, like I thought!!!

SABRINA - Interesting black leggings with the white mini-dress shirt! GOOD job!!! I can't really find anything wrong with it, but I'm not really invested, either. Wow, high praise from the judges! The best of the season from Simon? Wow!

ANTONELLA - She's one I'm rooting for, she's like the female equivalent of Sanjaya for me! Or maybe I'm rooting for her because I've actually seen her before, unlike so many others! ;) She seemed very uncomfortable and nervous - pitchy - even I caught that! Good try, but I think her inexperience and nerves showed through.

JORDIN - She's very mature for a 17 year old! She did a GREAT job. She didn't seem at all nervous, and she owned the song. "Poised and confident" is a good description from Ryan!

NICOLE - I'm sorry, but she's got to put more powder on her face! The shine is distracting me!!! Oh good, she's not shiny tonight at the performance. She did really well, but I don't feel attached. It was kinda "yell-y"...

HALEY - I don't know if it was her best performance, but there's something I really like about her!!! I even feel a little attached, which I can't say for anyone so far, except maybe Jordin. The judges were harsh. I feel like they already have strong opinions on the contestants...if they aren't already on your side, watch out! It's almost like they put people through that they didn't really like...

MELINDA - What a sweet, humble girl! Great job!!! And I really like *her*! Aretha Franklin is an amazing singer, but I'm not really a fan of her songs, if that makes sense. So with 3 of her songs so far tonight, it's not really doing it for me. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Melinda!

ALAINA - She definitely has the *star look* going for her! She did well. She's not the best singer, but she's got *something* working for her, I think!

GINA - I like her!!! Good job on the money note, as well. Oh Simon doesn't think so, but I disagree! The problem is that Simon is often right in his judgement, but he says things so confrontationally that instead of being helpful, he puts people on the defensive.

LAKISHA - She has a truly beautiful voice! WOW!!! Great performance! Very passionate! And HIGH praise indeed from the judges - "far and away the best of the 24"!!!

Wow, it's hard for me to divide people up into top and bottom tonight. Several of the girls gave amazing performances, but I'm a little surprised that more didn't do better. Let's see...

TOP - LAKISHA, Jordin, Melinda, and I'll throw Haley and Gina in there just because I like them! :)

BOTTOM - ANTONELLA, Leslie, maybe Amy? But I like Amy and want to see her again.

I think we may be surprised at some of the bottom girls on Thursday night!

3 comments:

  1. Lakisha Jones clearly dominated the entire show. No one came close to her performance!
    Lakisha Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You *are* psychic! Impressive! It's fun to have a post the next day from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are you saying the judges put through people they don't like so they can really build up the people they do like? Are you a conspiracy theorist?

    I think you nailed the real problem with the Top 12 shows--investment. For example, we really know a lot about Antonella, but her performance was definitely subpar. So do people like her for her talent, or because they "know" her? Who knows? All I know is people with no coverage until this week needed to sing really well to stick around.

    Tonight's show should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete