What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Top 24 Becomes Top 20

Urgh. First week boots are rough. No shockers, but you still feel badly for the ones getting the boot. They've packed more clothes than one week's worth! Darn it. And then to make them sing when they're crying?!

And my, they're mixing it up!

1. They're adding cheesy group numbers to the top 24, 20, and 16. Yippee.

2. They're announcing the mentors already--it's about time they do that.

3. They're adding stupid anti-Tivo quiz contests. I predict a class action lawsuit for carpal tunnel syndrome from texting AI numbers so much. What's wrong with an email?! Why cell phones? We don't have cell phones. We're being discriminated against!

So, "Sowing the Seeds of Love," J-Lo, Diana Ross, Tony Bennett and more. You know that AI just can't keep up with the rumor mill online so they may as well tell us. I love theme weeks! :)

So, Paul and Rudy. No big shockers (other than Sundance not joining one of them). I think Rudy just picked a boring song. Paul just sounded awful. Sundance is being featured on "Vote for the Worst.com" - stupid website.

Amy and Nicole. Again, no big shockers there (except that Antonella is STILL in the competition--have mercy, what pictures will seep to the world wide web next?!).

Nicole's from a town about 15 minutes down the road. I still don't know what she was singing. "Alleyayayeeewoowoo?" And apparently someone didn't want the girls joining her on stage to dance. Did you guys catch that?

Antonella and Sundance, your days are numbered.

I'm happy that Nick is still there ("by the grace ah Gahd"). He could be my cousin. I'm being totally serious.

FANTASIA! I love her! I always have! She is SO SO SO SO SO fun to watch. She has such passion. I don't care if she screeches now and then. THAT WAS AWESOME. Ryan's sure to feel like a schmuck when he figures out that he cut off QUINCY JONES HIMSELF. Talk about TBSITKU. He was about to tell us about "The Color Purple!" She was amazing and I'm very excited for her! Go Fantasia!

Okay and what the heck is with Ryan's new sign off? Bring back "Seacrest Out." "I've been Ryan Seacrest?" Who's he going to be next?

4 comments:

  1. Cheesy musical numbers. Fantasia reprisals. More text messaging. You've gotta love A.I.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you can enter the contest online, without texting or paying for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did catch Lakisha trying to go out and dance with Nicole, and being herded back to the seats...it wasn't time for support, I guess!

    Who indeed (will Ryan be next)? That *was* pretty silly...maybe he was jittery because he finally *realized* he cut Quincy Jones off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember, this show is carefully staged, so no dancing for you, Lakisha. And no time for you, Mr. Jones.

    ReplyDelete