What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Idol Chatter from the Good Doctor, Episode 5 (cont.)

And now, my thoughts on the girls, who at this point are ahead of the guys. Did I mention how boring this will be if the guys don't close the gap pretty soon. I'll get as tired hearing of how great the girls are as I am of seeing Simon's black shirts, but of course he has been sporting some completely different looking gray shirts, too! Anywhere, here we go.

Girls

Alaina Alexander--Honestly, I don't have really high hopes for her. Gone this week. Gone next week. Same difference.

Antonella Barba--She needs to prove that she belongs in this group of contestants. She really didn't show much last week as she was outclassed by some incredible powerhouse-type singers. If she can have a perfect performance this week, she could stick around for one more.

Gina Glockson--Last week's praise gives her a free ride this week, unless she passes out midway through her song. And even then she still stands a good chance of making it through.

Haley Scarnato--Here's another one I can't get too attached to. Not that I feel any particular affinity for any of the Disney princesses. Like Antonella, I really think Haley's days are numbered on A.I.

Jordin Sparks--Young. Spunky. Great first week. If Gina gets a free ride this week, the show will pay Jordin to stay. She's safe barring a natural disaster, like Simon's pearly whites falling out.

Melinda Doolittle--It gets redundant right now. Great first week. She can not show up and still get enough votes to stick around.

Sabrina Sloan--She wasn't my favorite last week, but I doubt she's in any danger going into Wednesday's performances.

Stephanie Edwards--I'm a bit curious to see how she responds to being one-upped like 4 or 5 times throughout last week's show. She would benefit from being toward the end of the show this week.

So, my 2 with something to prove this week . . .

Lakisha Jones--Yeah, you heard me right! She had a great first showing, but I don't want her to become another Mandisa--great when she belts it, disappears when she doesn't. I think Lakisha needs to pick a song with a bit more expressive range so at least when she's belting one, we can say, "And we know she can bring the quiet intensity. Remember week 2?"

Leslie Hunt--She has a very unique voice in this group, and on the right song I can see her holding her own in this competition. If she doesn't bring her best this week, she'll have a tough time getting into the eventual Top 12.

In summary, here are the girls to which I'll be paying close attention on Wednesday. . . .

Melinda (an early favorite of mine)
Gina
Lakisha
Leslie

Honestly, Haley and Antonella are non-factors at this point, and the others should cruise through. I'm only putting Melinda on the list because she is so damn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment