What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Idol Chatter from the Good Doctor, Episode 5

Since my children, especially my son, are Star Wars obsessed lately I was tempted to subtitle this "The Guys Strike Back" (you know, "Star Wars" Episode 5 . . . never mind), but I've been getting geared up for the next round of performances, thinking of some people to watch. Here are some things that crossed my mind.

Guys

Blake Lewis--he needs to follow up his somewhat surprising first performance with something great. He can't afford to be just OK this time around if he wants to keep the momentum going.

Sanjaya Malakar--NO STEVIE!!! First round jitters should be out of the way this week, so this is his "make it or break it" week in my opinion.

Nick Pedro--This guy could jump up quite a bit since his first week's performance was somewhat less than inspiring. But if he comes out singing "Hold On to the Night" I will write him off!

A.J. Tabaldo--Pointing to the sky and doing a helicopter maneuver will not do a whole lot this week. After last week's solid performance he's in a good position to keep on keeping on.

Brandon Rogers--This is one guy I want to see bring it. Look for him to step it up and wow us this week.

Chris Richardson--(this is for Stacy) Let's not do an Elliott impersonation. What if he come out in some wild afro wig like Rickey Smith in Season 2 (think Earth, Wind, and Fire--"September"). Given the weak performances last week he's in good position to do well again.

Chris Sligh--I like him and think he's got the potential to do quite well, but I'd like to see something a bit "reined in" from him this week, something a little more "musical."

Phil Stacey--This guy has got to sing the beginning of a song well! If he can do that his stock rises a bunch.

And my 2 with something to prove . . .

Jared Cotter--His performance last week was a weak one, but I could tell he has got some real talent there. A good improvement tomorrow and he will be rapidly on the rise.

Sundance Head--Listen. I like him. I have nothing against him. But he seems "lost" up there. If he can finally pick a good song befitting his bluesy style, this guy stands to gain the most of anyone this week. If he's got "it" at all, it will come out this week.

So, the guys I'll be watching a little more closely this week will be:

Blake (an early favorite for me)
Sanjaya
Jared
Sundance

So there is the chatter on the guys. Stay tuned for thoughts on the girls. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment