What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

HollyWEIRD is right!!!

Tonight was filled with "UH-UH" s, as it should have been since they only showed us like 3 people who actually made it through!!!!

Panther Boy - UH-UH... I don't know how they kept straight faces as long as they did, I was cracking up from the get go!!! I'm sure Olivia was thinking "What in the @#$% did I get myself into????" She was a very nice judge though!

Lover Boy - UH-UH...

Mariana - UH-UH...Her mom should have given her some more tips, including: If you have to get down on your knees you AREN'T GOING THROUGH!!!!! That was a perfect example of a parent who was a little *too* indulgent of their child's dreams...It makes the fall that much harder!!!

NOTE TO CONTESTANTS: (I think I said this same thing a few episodes ago, but it is the BANE of AI!!!!) They have never Ever EVER EVER let someone go through on a second chance!!! If you can't convince them with your first try, YOU CAN'T CONVINCE THEM!!!! NEVER!!! You'll only embarrass yourself and look like a bigger fool than you already do! Just STOP!!!! Bow out GRACEFULLY!!! (Unless of course you just want to be on TV, then go right ahead...)

Alaina - At last, some potential!!! Or is it just the comparison? The story of her being at the pivotal point of giving up her dream is very touching.

FEMALE TAYLOR HICKS???? UH-UH...

Brandon - ...and here comes some male potential, Finally!!!

2nd chance Brian - We'll see if it works out this time...

Sherman - I loved his terminology: My lady-love, my lady, etc.!! He was so sweet! That was the saddest story ever! I'll admit to shedding a few tears myself... And someone else who can actually sing! Nice of them to show an actual "singer" to us... :)

PDA couple - GAG ME WITH A SPOON UH-UH!!!! Her flirting with Simon *was* pretty funny though...

Eric - No, I've definitely NOT "heard anything like that", as he said! *PLEASE* tell me you really did NOT spend 2 years practicing THAT!!!! I was ROTFL, though, that he practiced with Randy and Paula's "Learn To Sing Like The Stars" - that whole chase scene was too funny!!!

Well, one more audition to go, and then HOPEFULLY we'll start seeing some of the talent, because they've barely shown us the tip of the iceberg so far (at least I hope so!)!!! It seems like in previous years we were at least visually familiar with 1/3 or 1/2 of the Hollywood contestants...definitely not so this time!!!

See ya in Texas... :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, we're all saying the same thing: Where's the talent?! They really want us to wait until Hollywood to see anything good. I've also come to realize that every person that audition thinks he or she is "unique," so it doesn't really matter what people have done in the past (costume, second songs, begging on bended knees, etc.). It's all about "me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. UH-UH is right! Love that running theme in your post! And I love your repeating "Note to Contestants." :P So true, so true . . .

    The good stuff is starting next week! After San Antonio. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true Mark, they think "I'm me, I'm unique, so even though "X" didn't work for everybody else, I'll be the one it will work for because I'm so gosh darn special!!!" HAH!!!

    ReplyDelete