What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Friday, March 09, 2007

What Went Wrong?

The Top 12 are in! WOO HOO!

So what went wrong for those that didn't make it?

ANTONELLA - Nothing, she just wasn't as good as the others.

SABRINA - She's got great talent, she just didn't connect well with the viewers at home. It's like we didn't get to know her well enough and therefore didn't become invested in her.

JARED - I think for him it was just the way the cards fell. He was good, but he had to be a standout, and unfortunately he wasn't this last time.

SUNDANCE - Song choice song choice song choice. I'm really sad to see him go, but he only "brought it" one of the last three weeks. This week's song wasn't the style that we love from him, and it brought about his demise. Bummer!!!!!

That being said - let's cut the underdogs a break! I feel really badly for Sanjaya and Haley. They were voted through! They need to be given a fair shake, and not treated like the ones who *stole* the spots from those that didn't make it (particularly from the judges). They've got something special, and that's why they made it. Hopefully they'll grow quickly over the next little while!

For me, everyone starts fresh. It's a new competition, and I'm excited!

I think what Idol is doing to *give back* is great. They are HUGELY successful and can have a lot of influence for good. That's awesome!

Carrie Underwood did great! It was fun to see her back. It's like watching your little child grow and turn into this successful adult! :) I wonder when they come back if it's like returning home after you go off to college. Do they feel like a little kid again (or a naive, unseasoned performer rather than the success they've become)? I didn't think she acted like that, but I thought I might feel that way if it were me. That small stage doesn't do them justice, but it's still fun to see the successful ones return!

3 comments:

  1. I often think the same thing about the ones who return. Are they nervous?

    I agree about Hayley and Sanjaya. I feel badly for them really. It's not THEIR fault they're there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about Haley and Sanjaya. They've done nothing wrong, and have done what they should have: show up each week and do their best. I feel badly that they take the heat for others' choices. Unfortunately I can't see either of them truly competing with the others for long, and then it's just more snide remarks from the judges and others. They're in a can't win situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you, i thought sab will make it to the final 12! i think the game lieas between melinda and blake.

    ReplyDelete