What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Top 16! - 8 Guys

Blake Lewis - Unfamiliar song, and not my personal genre, but quite well done, I thought. But perhaps not up to Idol standards. The judges agree, seeming to have read my mind, including Simon, even!

Sanjaya Malakar - Come on, boieeeee....shock me, surprise me, wake me up! Not so much. "Raise you game", indeed. Hair extensions? Only their hairdressers know for sure. Speaking of which, Sanjaya may have a shot as spokesperson for the sponsor, Garnier Fructis if he

Sundance Head - Fat suit - funny! Not my genre, not my style, unfamiliar song, but well enough done. Caution is warranted, as Simon agrees, quipping, "careful".

Chris Richardson - A little bit weak and pitchy through much of the song, making me a little nervous. He did some good runs though. I was hoping for more. Simon agrees, but is being uncharacteristically generous.

These guys need to crank it up a notch in view of what the girls have shown and are likely to bring tomorrow.


Jared Cotter - Oops - a Stevie song. Jared's voice isn't quite up to it, though he does a decent job of connecting with the audience. It's not bad, not great - just good enough. Randy was generous. Simon mugs for the camera during Paula's turn, explaining next that she was not understandable, and translating for us. Thanks, Simon. I feel edified...or maybe simonized?

Yep, it's too late to kiss up.

Brandon Rogers - Let's see how the classical piano player does. About equal to Jared, to me. I agreed with Randy that he didn't hold up well through the end of that song. Brandon just wants to have fun, until Ryan nails him with, "how bad do you want it?".

Phil Stacey - Starts a little too breathy, but kicks in with a little more bite later, and connects well. A little above the rest for me, tonight, or about even with Blake.

Chris Sligh - Another unusual song choice, for me, but strongly performed! Best performance tonight, though that doesn't say a whole lot. Randy agrees. Paula doesn't. Chris steals a hug from Ryan. Simon signals 'cut'. Okay.


Overall a bit disappointing.

Tops: Chris, Blake, Phil...in that order.

Bottoms: Sanjaya, and Chris or Sundance.

Ready to sign up as spokesperson for the sponsor, Garnier Fructis: Sanjaya, if the teeny boppers and grannies don't save him once again.

Tomorrow should be better...

John

3 comments:

  1. LOL at the Garnier Fructis spokesmodel! I love it! You and I are on the same page about some but very different on Phil! Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, tonight was a bit disappointing, if you can't tell from my post! Sanjaya's safe. It's required for one "unpredictable" choice to get through, and then for us all to wonder what happened. I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be better. I'm just wondering which Disney princess will show up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope tomorrow is better! And "simonized"...I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete