What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Top 8 and the also-rans.

I know it seems rude, but let's be honest. A few individuals have shown us they can step up, and the rest just can't keep up.

Top 8
LaKisha and Melinda of course, who can deny that these two are just amazing. Add Blake Lewis despite the monotone version of Keep Me Hanging On, liked the updated sound, but he never worked the vocals. Some others have mentioned they like Chris Sligh, and I did too, but I know why the judges didn't like it. They said almost the same thing I did, if you've ever heard AC/DC thunderstruck it has the same defect. It sounds like an intro to a song, it builds but never peaks. Rounding out the top is Gina, Stephanie and Jordin. Phil Stacey is the bottom of the top, he's talented but ordinary, let's hope he continues to hold onto the first line luck he had last night.


Bottom 4
Hi Sanjaya, this is the bottom and here...you are a leader. He has a great voice and natural talent, but I can't tell if he is just scared, unable to do better, or missing a lung and that's as much force as he can muster. He sings like I whisper....wait...I whisper louder then that.
Brandon Rogers just is not getting it, he has spent so much time behind the act that he can't step up and be the act. He's got a really weird Wayne Brady unhipness to him which is disheartening based on the level of talent I think he has.
Chris Richardson and Haley Scarnato suffer from the same disease, boring...I've like some of what Chris has done in the past, but I don't think he is all that memorable. I feel bad for Haley, she was doing so well and then just fell apart.

So, who's going home?
Sanjaya is on vote for the worst and every 14 yr old girls speed dial, so although he she be going home, I think he might survive. Brandon Rogers worked really hard to force people to not vote for him, so I think his head is on the block. Haley stepped up huge last night, but fell apart, her head is next to Brandon's.

1 comment:

  1. Wayne Brady unhipness . . . what a great description! :P

    ReplyDelete