What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I Think Goosebumps are Good.

Hallelujah, it's my favorite part of this show - theme weeks and top 12! Okay, let's start with random thoughts and questions.

1. Have the judges always had those skinny mics on their table? Those seemed new.
2. Diana Ross. Sigh. She seems nice at least, but bleh songs, if you ask me. GSITKU or not.
3. How cute that Ryan's Nana was there tonight.
4. Randy Jackson is so *#$#%@ condescending! And it really irritates me.

BRANDON ROGERS - "Can't Hurry Love"
Blechy song. Snore. I cannot believe that someone hasn't said, "Melinda has proven herself as a back up singer who should be up front. You have not." He just doesn't have it. He hasn't the WHOLE TIME either! I'm not shocked that Sanjaya made it into the top 12. I'm shocked that Brandon has! It reminds me of Anwar - great guy, great singer, great smile, but just not cut out for the stage. Is he sick? It was flat. He was drowned out. He forgot his lyrics right after that John Travolta leg move. I'll grant him that it's GOTTA be rough to be first, but ugh. He is polite!

MELINDA DOOLITTLE - "Home"
She's genuine and phenomenal. What more really needs to be said? Yes, Melinda, I think goosebumps are good. Just crown her now.

CHRIS SLIGH - "Endless Love"
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with the judges. I rather liked his interpretation of the song. I liked it even more than (gasp!) Blake's. They're just different. Blake's was more techno and Sligh's was more contemporary. I love the U2 piano syncopation during his song. He's a musician and he did a great job, very original. Geez, judges. They can't make up their minds. Don't be a copycat. Oh wait, DO be a copycat. Don't be original. That's what we meant.

GINA GLOCKSEN - "Love Child"
So, Miss Ross thinks she should "pronunciate." Okay. Great choice. I really liked it.

SANJAYA MALAKAR - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"
Argh. He's just too quiet and sweet for this. Gotta give him A LOT of credit though because this was his best performance so far and it was on the big stage, so big props for that. And see what I mean about Randy? He laughs, sighs, groans, laughs, tears the kid down (again), and then says, "But your hair is rockin'!" Fool. He sounds like an ignorant baboon when he does that. Just stick to the music and shut up. Grrrrrr. And the dumbing down of America was apparent tonight, was it not? Let's have a lesson on homonyms, shall we? Whale vs. Wail. One is a mammal of the sea. One is a scream or cry. Apparently, most Americans are NOT smarter than a 5th grader. So you can just skip the next show.

HALEY SCARNATO - "Missing You"
Other than forgetting the skirt that goes with that shirt that was tied with a big ribbon under her backside, she did pretty well! Very nice emotion and stage presence. I was surprised, because before tonight's show, I pretty much thought she'd be the next one to go. She does have a great studio voice. She forgot the lyrics (urgh). Those squats made me VERY nervous. Why in the world would anyone choose that night and that stage to wear something so dangerously short?? In high heels no less! Have you read these people's interviews on the American Idol site? They all fall! She showed some personality tonight and I think people will warm up to that. She may not even be in the bottom 3. And yay to Simon for remembering her name.

PHIL STACEY - "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me"
Is he? I haven't been liking Phil recently, but tonight he did a nice job!

LAKISHA JONES - "God Bless the Child"
Okay, well the finale is set. Melinda and LaKisha. That was fantastic! Great control, great vocals, great look. Well done!

BLAKE LEWIS - "You Keep Me Hanging On"
I love Blake. But for me that was good, not great. And that jacket flippy thing? A little overdone. But it's true what Simon says, he'll be fine. Did you hear the audience? I think it's going to be a challenge for him when it comes to song selections if they keep having horrible weeks like this one. Diana Ross??

STEPHANIE EDWARDS - "Love Hangover"
Or something. That was pitchy all over the place. I haven't ever really liked her and apparently the judges don't either. And you know what? She is royally pissed off, because she thinks she's a diva and that she's in the running with Melinda, Kiki, and company. But America has news for her--we didn't like LaToya either. The attitude is WAY too off-putting.

CHRIS RICHARDSON - "The Boss"
Damn. I thought he meant he was going to screw the theme week all together and sing some Springsteen. I know I haven't ever been a big fan, but he's already getting old for me. That sneer thing he does when he sings? Yawn. He's good, but it's old already. It was pitchy. I do give him credit, though, for making it his own without messing too much with the integrity of the song, which tonight came across much smoother than Sligh's or Blake's efforts.

JORDIN SPARKS - "If We Hold On Together"
She is the complete antithesis of Stephanie Edwards. And that's why we like her. How can you help BUT like her?! Wow! That was some mad praise. And she accepts it so adorably. Dang, 3 girls pushing for the top spot! Way. To. Go.

Magistra is right about that old Stink Eye. Competitors beware. I think Stephanie is TICKED off.

Tops tonight for me: Lakisha and Melinda
Bottom 3 tonight for me: Brandon, Sanjaya, and Chris Richardson

Bottom 3 predictions: Brandon, Stephanie, and Sanjaya
Going Home: Brandon

2 comments:

  1. It is crazy how on the same page all of us are. We must have been watching the same show for once!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more about Randy being so condescending - get over yourself Randy and get back to the show! Your description of him... "He laughs, sighs, groans, laughs, tears the kid down (again), and then says, "But your hair is rockin'!" was great! :)

    ReplyDelete