What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Who are these people?

I must say, I haven't posted for a number of weeks. Mainly because I had the same thing to say about EVERY SINGLE audition week. Eek. They certainly were a bit monotonous this year. Highlighting the "crackpot" talent. Dramatizing the already melodramatic. Trying to tug the heartstrings with the sad back stories. URGH. I've always said I love the auditions, but this year the wise Idol producers seemed to not showcase as much of the 'real' talent as they have in the past.

For this very reason, I was SOOOO looking forward to Hollywood week... oh, excuse me, did I say WEEK? I meant Hollywood hour. I was SEVERELY disappointed with last night's show. They breezed through so much of it. The end result? There are almost NO potential idols with whom I have a sense of connection. Going into tonight's show, I was rooting for MAYBE 2 people. Melinda Doolittle and Chris Sligh, funny guy.

Happily, tonight they did give us a glimpse of the individual singing performances of most of the top 24... in fact, it got to be very predictable. If we saw a clip of the contestant singing, well.... "you made it baby". Or, if you were one of the unlucky idols who had Simon giving you the verdict: "I'm sorry to tell you, you are NOT one of the people who did not have the talent to reach the top 24" or some other confusing choice of words.

Overall I'm very happy with the top 24. I didn't agree AT ALL with their last two selections. But, someone needs to be the first to go home, right?

All I can say is: BRING ON THE COMPETITION. YAY.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, if they keep this up next year, I'll be inclined to skip the auditions entirely, and wait til Hollywood. Like you said, I'd know about as much, and be about as emotionally involved as I am now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back, Denden. Now the "real" show starts, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, the producers were looking for the opposite reaction. Look at all you're curious about now, and you're that much more revved up about the Top 24. Or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Go Melinda Dolittle. I like that girl a lot! Very humble and some outstanding pipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Den's posting. Yes, the party has begun. And the okieidolfans are here, too!! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete