What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Top 10 Minus 2 + 2

I'm glad they called Simon on the hand antler. I was wondering about that, too.

Michael Johns is safe, and so is Jason Castro - two of my picks for getting kicked. The only one I got right was Jason Yeager, who I thought had more of a chance to stay than the other two. But I am indifferent and unattached to these early outcomes.

Asia'h is safe, as is Amanda, so again, two of my picks are safe. Alexandrea is leaving, but to be fair, I did judge her as about equal to Alaina, who was one of my picks. I just neglected to include her. Maybe I was reluctant to pick four, or maybe I unconsciously didn't want to name all four of the female contestants beginning with 'A'. Eh?

Kady and Alaina are the other two in the bottom three. Alaina is out, so I wasn't too far off. She and Danny take it pretty hard. I really admire her courage to sing after that.

---

I wonder if Simon's angrier impatience with the top 24 contestants this year is based on the new policy of kicking two each per show, thus decreasing the number of possible appearances in which to shine or screw up. Perhaps his sense of urgency for them to excel stems from that. My guess is they'll be doing this again to get to the top 12 faster and stay there longer.

Yeah, that seems to fit in with the renewal of Idol Gives Back in the next segment, and all the other goodies they have in store for us. They're cutting to the chase.

---

Robbie Carrico and Luke Menard are the others in the bottom three. And Robbie is out. Again, I'm indifferent.

See ya next week!

2 comments:

  1. Did you really think Michael Johns would get the boot? He's considered one of the big 2 from what I can tell (cute little David being the other).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on his 2/26 performance, yeah. It was pretty weak, for me, and his charisma leaves me unphased.

    ReplyDelete