What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Top 10 with Gwen Stefani!

Getting right to it...

Lakisha Jones - 'Let's Dance' - very nicely done, but not spectacular, for me.

Chris Sligh - 'Every Little Thing She Does' - I liked it a lot! Nice song choice. I missed the rhythm problems noted by the judges.

Gina Glocksen - "I'll Stand By You' - WoW! That was a moment for me (major chills)! Awesome connection with the song, and her best performance ever! Paula agrees. Simon messes with her, but agrees. She just moved up a couple of notches, and it was the best so far tonight, as Simon noted. I now have great respect for this girl.

Sanjaya Malakar - Don't know the song, but I thought he did a decent job on it, though he's back to being weak. He seems intent on keeping the focus on the hair, eh?

Haley Scarnato - Here's Dr. Mark's jingle... ; ) - 'True Colors' - I thought she made it her own and sang it uniquely and with some surprisingly good dynamics. It was good, but it didn't grab me any more than it did Randy.

Phil Stacey - 'I'll Be Watchin You' - No Phil Collins, and a little weak in the softer sections, but I liked it very much when he hit the chorus. Very good. Paula picks up on exactly what I'm hearing.

Melinda Doolittle - Blew Gwen away, so I'm expecting the usual excellence. Sure enough, chills start early and don't go away. A poll of viewers on the Ellen Degeneres' website has her at the top by a large margin, with Lakisha next, but a long ways down.

Blake Lewis - 'I Will Always Love You' - Randy says it for me. Not the song that best showcases his talent, but, as Paula points out, it does showcase his tenderness. I agree with Simon that he's the front-running guy. The judges took the words out of my mouth.

Jordin Sparks - Low notes are weak, but a solid performance overall, with some chill-giving spots toward the end. Very good. Simon gives her "most improved".

Chris Richardson - 'Don't Speak' - Maybe his best performance yet, but, for me, still in the middle of the pack.

Nobody was really bad tonight, so picking the bottom won't be easy...

Tops: Melinda, Gina, and Lakisha

Bottoms: Sanjaya, and if the judges are right, Chris S., but I don't really agree, and no one else stood out for me as not so hot, tonight.

...John

3 comments:

  1. I missed the whole Kodak thing. That's bad news for Haley if I didn't catch that connection! And did no one do that poorly, or were so few that good? Hmmmm. Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting food for thought. And yes, Sanjaya isn't sure what else to showcase, I guess, so why not the hair. That was . . . weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering what you're thoughts would be on Chris S. and what the judges said, since you know something about music. I didn't notice the rhythm problems either (but I don't claim to know much about it!). Maybe the judges were just being super picky about it since Gwen said it!

    ReplyDelete