What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Curly's gone. But please, no Shemp!

Sligh's gone. No shocker there. He'd lost his edge or mojo or something since we've been seeing him weekly. He seemed like the kind of guy who's hiding a lot of insecurity behind a facade of self-depricating humor. That stuff is great when you're Tommy Boy, but not as an Idol. I had higher hopes for him, and apparently much of America did as well. I am slightly surprised that Haley's got one more week in her, but then again, Sanjaya's far from the last position so anything goes!

So I have only a handful of unanswered questions:

1. Did Akon say anything besides, "C'mon y'all. Like this!" That big necklace was distracting, too. It reminded me of Flavor Flav's clock.

2. Why, Ryan? Why? Did you need to wear the hair?

3. Why do the producers and writers of A.I. feel the need to give extra air time to those clearly out of their league? Think Sanjaya and Kevin "Chicken Little" Covais.

4. Is it just me, or did Lakisha seem a bit overconfident tonight?

5. Did Paula and Gwen Stefani shop at the same place for the show tonight?

6. Do people really spend $10 to enter those contests 10 times? And do they ever get the wrong answer?

I'm excited for Tony Bennett week. He's 80 years old and still putting out relevant material. Any doubters should see the work he did on his Duets album. He sings with the Dixie Chicks, Bono, Michael Buble, James Taylor, Tim McGraw, k.d. lang, Elvis Costello, and a bunch of other great artists. Even if the contestants are limited to the 20 or so songs on the album, it should be a great night.

4 comments:

  1. "C'mon y'all. Like this!" And she's taking him on tour, too! Curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on, "hiding a lot of insecurity behind a facade of self-depricating [sic] humor".

    Deprecating...like defecating... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not surprised but truly sad to see Chris S. go. I loved the timbre and tonal quality of his voice. Each week I had great expectations, but he didn't quite come through. I think you're spot on about the insecurity. Maybe it handicapped his potential. I liked Gina this week even though I have to shut my eyes when she sings. The tongue piercing trips my gag reflex. With Chris gone, I'm now cheering with fingers crossed for Jordin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Deprecating...like defecating."

    I should have caught that, John. The insecurity probably was part of what held him back. There were times he just didn't seem to want to be on stage except to make jokes. I think he'll do well on the tour where the stakes are markedly lower.

    ReplyDelete