What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Goodbyes, Farewells, and a Sayonara

I guess my wish was for Phil to go. Will someone please make him stop screaming?! I was fine with his excitement, but I got tired of the yelling and continued celebration during the "recap" portion of the show. He'll be a fun one on tour! Stephanie Edwards, the pain is over. If you look back at last night's show, Stephanie's performance was exit worthy, but she has the talent to have competed for much longer. Her problem is that she never really showed a part of her personality that made me care. She had no safety net. Melinda Doolittle can come out next week, forget her lyrics, fall down, pass out, wake up during Wednesday's show and still not be voted out because we've established that she's likeable for things other than her singing ability. It's like the Get Out of Jail Free card in Monopoly. Stephanie just never had it.

After tonight, as always, I have unanswered questions. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Wasn't it so cool how the producers listened to me (and half of the American Idol Blogdom out there) and edited in that little crying girl using grainy, black-and-white film footage? OK, that one was more of a statement framed as a question rather than a true question.

2. Where were the Hermits? Hiding out I suppose.

3. Can you fit Lulu into your purse on the airplane?

4. Why aren't they playing up how many people voted this week? Oooh! I know! I know! The stats are flat.

5. Where were the judges tonight? I feel like I hardly saw them.

6. I've asked this before, but if Ryan can rush through the elimination thing, why haven't we done this in past seasons? They could do it like the Powerball on Saturday night. Interrupt the news for a few minutes, watch the ping pong balls, show a little video montage, bada bing, bada boom! Presto! Now back to Chip with Sports.

I was fairly bored tonight, so there weren't many questions floating through my head. I wonder what next week will bring.

5 comments:

  1. Didn't I hear Ryan say that 30 million people voted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Can you fit Lulu into your purse on the airplane?" ROTFL!

    And I love the Powerball idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eventually Ryan did, but in the past they've touted the numbers from the beginning. If you're keeping track at home, it's peaked at about 31 million so far this season, and stayed flat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is TIME for Phil to go! Honestly, enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, AI wannabe. He's bugging me more and more with each passing week, it seems.

    ReplyDelete