What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Season 7 - Top 12 Guys!

What a night! What variety! What vocals! What is with theme nights already? And what is with so many guys that look like girls!? Where was the Irish chick? She wasn't in the audience. I hope she's not sick. I like her!

Here's a brief run down. Expect more detail when we get down to our overall Top 12.

I'm rewatching it with the kids and my opinions are pretty much the same (M and I are agreeing like crazy on our thumbs up and thumbs down ratings).

David Hernandez - In the Midnight Hour
I liked it. I'm not blown away, but I like it.

Jacuzzi - I Love You More Today Than Yesterday
If he's going to lose his cool last name, then he may as well be a hot tub. Yikes. The suit, the vocals, yikes. I thought I could get past all of that. Until he wouldn't shut up ingratiating himself to the judges. Too soon and not good enough for that. Moving on.

David Cook - So Happy Together
Not sure why he has a plastic bag sticking out of his back pocket, but I really like this guy. I think he's more rocker than the one who thinks he's a rocker. He reminds me a bit of Constantine.

Jason Yeager - Moon River
A little Donny Osmond for me for him (hey, if Randy can do it, so can I). I like his voice and I'd like to see more of his colors. I love the song but don't think it was a smart choice.

Robbie Carrico - One
Awesome. Loved it. I like him. I'm, too, not convinced that he's a rocker. Maybe he shouldn't have mentioned touring with Britney? I do love this song--he did a great job making it contemporary.

David Archuleta - You Better Shop Around
Omigosh, he's SO CUTE!! I can't stop smiling when I watch him--he's freaking ADORABLE! And he's so GOOD! I could gush and gush about this kid. I love him--he's awesome!

Danny Noriega - Jailhouse Rock

I was a bit surprised at how much I liked it. I liked it (and him) more than I thought I would. He seems like someone who might really annoy or bother me with his personality, but I liked it. And I liked his snappy comeback to Simon. It works on him.

Luke Menard - Everybody's Talkin' At Me
What a cute boy. Luke Perry is back, y'all. I LOVE his voice. I hope he gets more opportunity to sing to us. It's a good song and I like his falsetto, but it really was a bit forgettable. I like how Paula says he's Kenny Loggins-like. That's it exactly. And that's not a bad thing. He's got a nice, gentle sound, if a bit off at first. Pretty pitchy. Not great, but not horrible.

Colton Berry - Suspicious Minds
I love his voice and he wasn't as theatrical as I'd expected based on interviews and such. I really, really like him. I want to see more of him. Nice job, fun personality. Reminds me of Federov. I like him.

Garret Haley - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
Michael Bolton? What the . . . ? He looks like my cousin. Melinda. He seems a bit sedated but he's got a nice voice. A bit too mousy for this, methinks. Anyone could've predicted Simon's dislike. You can tell it's coming when he rolls his eyes, picks at his hair, and looks annoyed and bored. Tell tale signs. Like when Randy starts with a question--not usually a good thing. Hmmm, I wish Kyle was in the competition.

Jason Castro - What a Day for the Daydream
What a pleasant surprise! He's a little deer-in-the-headlights and weird to look at for me for him for some reason. But I REALLY like his voice! I really like his voice a lot! I hope to see more of him. I think we will. I love this song and his style. Very hip. Very James Blunt. Very contemporary.

Michael Johns - Light My Fire
Great song. Love it. Love him. For his voice and because he says, "G'day Mate." What a doll--he looks like a cross between Colin Firth and Mark Ruffalo--yum. Amazing performance. Clearly seasoned. I'd like to know more about what he's been doing for the past 10 years, because he is REALLY good and looks extremely comfortable up there.

My Top 3:

David Archuleta
Michael Johns
Robbie Carrico

Going Home:

Anyone but those 3

No comments:

Post a Comment