What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Top 6 (Again)

Well! THAT was a GREAT night! Save one poor song selection and very uncomfortable and under confident performance, everyone was fantastic!

Best to worst tonight for me for them:

Blake
Melinda and Lakisha (I can't decide)
Phil (I know. I surprise myself. I can give credit where credit's due.)
Chris
Jordin (UGH. This pains me.)

Phil started the show REALLY well and did a surprisingly good job, I must admit. I don't care for his mugging and kissing up, but he DID do a really good job tonight. I'm not sure it's enough to save him though, given his competition. And besides, he said he's going down in a blaze of glory, so you know . . .

Jordin realllllly did not pick the right song. It's the first time I've seen her do that (not pick the right song) and it was really rough. She looked totally uncomfortable and I was uncomfortable for her. I don't think it's enough to boot her. I still think she has a shot at winning it all, but it was WAY rough tonight. I do love that she admits it and doesn't go on and on about "having fun!" She calls a spade a spade. Good for her. I love how genuine she is. It's refreshing. It's marketable. Plus, her name is Jordin Sparks. I can't think of a name that could be more marketable than that one without making up a stage name. She's great! Rough night, but she's great. And for the record, I didn't think this past week's performance was THAT great. It was really, really good, but the praise was over the top--it wasn't her best, her vocals were strained, and it was a bit pitchy. That said, it was still GREAT, but not "the best ever" yadda yadda. But anyway, I think that considering the two weeks together, she's fine. (And for the record, I totally knew they wouldn't boot anyone this past week--I suspected before the show, felt it would be out of place if they had, and knew when Ryan said "biggest shocker ever" to start the show). So, neener neener.

Lakisha was FANTASTIC! Probably her best week ever. And I loved the interchange with Simon (who "llllllllloved" her at her audition, too). He kissed her! And said she has great lips! Now that's an idol highlight! She did a great job--very controlled, very powerful, not oversung. Kudos to Kiki. Smart song choice. It was phenomenal.

BLAKE DESERVES ALL CAPS BECAUSE HE WAS HOT HOT HOT AND PHE-FREAKING-NOMENAL! I LOVE THAT GUY. LOVE HIM. HE WAS "DA BOMB!" AND TOOK SUCH A GARGANTUAN RISK AND TOTALLY, TOTALLY PULLED IT OFF. LOVE THE BEAT BOXING, LOVE THE RECORD PLAYING, LOVE HOW HE MAKES IT HIS OWN. HE NEEDED TO BEAT BOX THIS WEEK AND IT WILL PAY OFF. HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE. HE HAS US ALL BEGGING FOR MORE. LOVE THIS GUY. I PREDICT THAT THAT WILL BREAK SOME SORT OF DOWNLOAD RECORD TONIGHT. THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. LOVE BLAKE. BEST TONIGHT. HANDS DOWN.

Chris got more credit than I think it deserved, but it really wasn't bad. I think he's in danger. It wasn't horrible. It wasn't great. Overall, it was good. I like him. I don't think he's making top 3 or anything. I *do* think he's generally better than Phil, though. Curious to see how it plays out.

Melinda was SMOKIN' hot!! She is SO good, SO fun, SO amazing! She was phenomenal as well. (What a great night of performances!!) I love Melinda's sassy performances and she rocked it out with sass and attitude and I loved it! I really like her and do think she'll be in the top 2, if not winning it all. Way to go, Melinda. GREAT song choice.

I predict Chris and (urgh, this past week, I would've said Lakisha even though I think she did well with "I Believe" and the judges were harsh--though I totally agree that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE can touch Fantasia's performance of it and hers is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE Idol performances EVER, but given the judges' comments, I thought she'd go). Anyway. I predict Chris and Phil.

3 comments:

  1. Blaze of glory is right. Doesn't Phil know his Idol history? Anyway, I'm with you on the homebound contestants, but two weeks of voting sure puts a crazy spin on things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ your neener...cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Top 6 again"...cute!!!

    Great review Stacy!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete