What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Top 6 - Idol Gives Back - Bono Mentors!

Yippee! An extended show that's worth seeing!

I talked to my ex recently, who has been to Africa. She was impressed not so much with what we can offer them, but what they can offer us - a point that will be familiar to Stacy - that they can teach us how to be happy with what we have. She was invited to talk on a radio show and happened to mention the predominance of healthy white teeth, perhaps due to the lack of sugary soft drinks. The host seized on that and completely glossed over her other points. Ah well...

I'll definitely be voting tonight.

Chris Richardson - I liked it, but I know the judges will think it was thin. Surprise! Randy and Paula both liked it. Simon even liked it! I didn't think it was all that much better than some of the other performances they dissed in the past.

I'm very glad to hear they're including America in their charity work.

Melinda Doolittle - A very apt song for this program, and, no surprise, she gives me huge chills. This song should be the theme for Idol Gives Back. She got me tearful with this one. She looks extraordinarily beautiful tonight. Randy loved it. Paula loved it. Simon praised it. Crown her now.

Blake Lewis - 'Imagine'. I thought, before the break, Ryan mentioned an upcoming song by Simon & Garfunkel, not John Lennon. Blake does this decently, but I can understand Randy's remark that he was expecting something a bit more. Simon's remark that the dynamics were a bit lacking was spot on, but it was sincerely and well done, as he added.

Lakisha Jones - A little yelly for me. The judges are finding it difficult to break the mood of the IGB special with anything that sounds remotely negative, but they manage to make their point, and Simon agrees about the shouting.

Phil Stacey - sticks with the country which got so much approval, and does a very good job that gave me a few chills at the end. I agree with Paula that this was his best. Now Simon wants nasally...or is there some other 'country' tone he's looking for?

Jordin Sparks - Ryan sets this up by announcing "a show stopper" before the break. That's interesting. 'You'll Never Walk Alone' - I guess it was a setup. Apparently the producers are pushing for this one. But she truly lived up to the promotion, and it was a show-stopper. She may have topped Melinda this time.

It's funny, and a little sad, that Simon had no idea about the people who use and volunteer at food banks, and had to ask for a hug because he's "never met nice people." Weird.

Tops - Jordin and Melinda (I can't choose, and will vote for both).

Bottoms - Per the judges, Lakisha, and I can't really disagree. If we go by last week's eliminations, Blake may join her. It will be interesting to see who the third is, if they disclose that, but I can't imagine.

Leaving - I really don't know.

See you tomorrow!

...John

5 comments:

  1. Eeek! Judging by that fact that voting for Melinda ten times without a busy signal, followed by two busy signals in a row for Jordin, I'd guess that Jordin has sewn up the top slot for tonight, and maybe, for the whole enchilada!

    We shall see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a Phil fan, but I am a country fan, so please allow me a comment. Country isn't about being 'nasally' although some singers are. The country sound is all about the vowels, especially diphthongs, and a hard 'r.'
    Because you are (usually) telling a story, there is also more license taken with volume changes and tempo for dramatic effect.

    That said, GO JORDIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that was quite a set-up for Jordin - good thing she did well! No pressure there with "show stopper" hanging over you!

    I'm also thinking Blake may be the other in the bottom 2 (with Lakisha)...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the clarification, snow white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, John. Thank you for your comments about your ex's trip to Africa. It's so true! They're amazingly happy! And they really do have beautiful teeth! People often ask me if their teeth are rotting and I say, "No! They have gorgeous, bright, white, healthy, straight smiles!"

    ReplyDelete