What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Idol Gives Back

I know it might sound cliche to say that a visit to Africa is life changing. I can't say enough that it's not cliche. I am forever affected by my experience there.

Tonight's show was poignant for me. I've been there. I've lived among them. I've seen the poverty first hand. I've danced with those kids. I've held those babies. I've kissed those faces. I've hugged those women. I've fallen in love with them. Every single one of them.

I don't want to get political, but I can't help but wonder why countries spend money on hurting other people and wars when there's so much good to be done with that same money. It saddens me.

The timing of tonight's show is interesting. You see, we've been stressing about our own finances. Struggling to know how to get our business going. Struggling to figure out how to pay back student loans. But truly we're rich. Undeniably rich by comparison especially. We have more than shelter--we have a beautiful home. We have food--plenty and then some. We have health. We have education. We have clean water. We have love and happiness.

We may not be able to give much, but we can all give something, eh? (Idol's not paying me to say this and I'm not pushing any kind of agenda; I'm simply sharing our feelings on things).

The people in Africa are truly among the happiest I've EVER met. EVER. They are poor in material goods, but rich in spirit. I've always felt abundantly blessed, not just because I have more than they do, but because I've lived among them and loved them and been loved in return. I am a rich, rich woman.




3 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing your story--makes it more real & personal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Stacy, thanks for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete