What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

British people don't like the Irish, do they?

Seriously, I don't know how much more I can take. Carly gets slammed week after week after really good performances. And Syesha gets praised week after week even after pretty sucky performances. Carly hits every note spot on and they say, "Not good enough." Syesha hits some horribly off notes and they say, "A little pitchy, but you BROUGHT it tonight girl!" To which she grins broadly and smugly replies in her whiny "I'm so pretty" voice, "Thank you, Raaaaaaaaandy!" Blech. I feel like throwing up every time I see her.

I'm more ticked at the inconsistency of slamming Carly for good performances while praising Syesha for sub-par performances. All. The. Time. I mean, c'mon, Syesha is the consummate sounds-like-every-other-singer Diva. There is nothing unique about her, she keeps singing Whitney, Celine, and Fantasia (Grrrrrrrr!) and yet she consistently gets WAY more than an "ai-aight!" It's always high praise. Even from Simon! Are they insane?! Do they want Syesha there more than Carly?? That kind of stupidity is what got Michael Johns kicked off while the likes of, oh, Syesha stay on. How in the world is that happening?! So I guess I'm miffed at 2 things--Syesha still being there and Michael Johns not being there. I mean, who would you rather look at, er, listen to?

So, Mariah Carey. Hmmm, I haven't been a big fan of hers. Ever. She's nice, I guess. I guess I feel apathetic. And I long for Elton John weeks.

David Archuleta (“When You Believe”)
Is he seriously wearing leather pants?? He was good, but I'm getting a little bored. He still hasn't done a fast song except for the one where he botched the lyrics, anyone notice that? He's cute and I don't dislike him, but I'm a little bored. And when I see his CD on the shelf next to, oh, Castro's? Or David Cook's? Guess which ones we're buying and which ones we're not. The teeny bopper girls will keep voting him through and he is very good, no question, but he's not my favorite.

Carly Smithson (“Without You”)
What is Randy smoking?! Someone pass some of Paula's drug to him and then give an occasional puff to Simon, because Randy is both tone deaf and stupid this season. He criticizes her and you just know that he's going to be all smiles and praise for his girl, Syesha. Blech. He sickens me. Look don't get me wrong, Carly is great, but she's not my favorite either. But she IS better than Syesha. Much better. And a billion times more likable. And Simon, we get it. You're British. She's Irish. So you simply can't bring yourself to like her. Or be nice to her. Classy.

Syesha Mercado (“Vanishing”)
Mark predicted she'd sing "Hero" and though she didn't, I hope he's right about her prophetic lyrics (though I thought that Carly's were a bit foreboding and a propos, too). I can give credit where due. She's pretty good and she has a nice voice, but it's copycat and pitchy and they seem to overlook that in her, but find things to pick on when it comes to Carly. I don't understand it. Syesha isn't even likable! And did you catch the stupid "Ohhhhh, Lo!" Ramiellism? Blech. She's the only one who "gets" her, remember? "Hi Girl!" Blech blech blech. Randy adores her and I don't get it. Maybe Ramielle does. There is simply nothing there when it comes to her--no connection, no passion, it reeks of bad acting. Yuck.

Brooke White (“Hero”)
Ah, there it is. I thought David A. or Syesha would sing it, but okay, Brooke did. Not surprising. Too bad they didn't all sing it--would've been more interesting to compare them anyway. I didn't like the piano thing. She was racing and her tempo was all over the place and she was so nervous she was visibly shaking. I'm VERY surprised that Simon didn't say, "That was like some ghastly high school talent show, wasn't it. And the girl is in her pretty dress and her parents are beaming. And it's all a bit hokey and predictable." I like her okay, but it wasn't a good week for her and I'm bored by her, too. Then again, I have to remember it IS Mariah Carey week and that's not a good thing for most of them. I do think it's funny that she's so weird on stage (putting on her shoe, can't find her seat, etc.), but the pouty Utah Mormon face is bugging me. A lot. Maybe those girls who miss their nanny will get her back this week, but I'm hoping Syesha gets that job.

Kristy Lee Cook (“Forever”)
She's gotten better over time (I'm surprised she's still around--I thought she'd get booted in the first few weeks) and she'll do well in country music (like Gracin and Bucky and Phil Stacey and all those others who sort of switched genres in the middle and "Hey, look at that! She's a country star!"), but I'm not a huge fan or anything. Though kudos to her for not buckling under pressure.

David Cook (“Always Be My Baby”)
I wasn't sure at first if I'd like it or not. But wow. It was actually really good! And a standing O from Randy. Wow! And it wasn't for Syesha. I'm shocked and awed. I agree about the movie soundtrack comments. It was a really good performance. And it was obviously moving to him to do so well with his sick brother (who did not look well at all) in the audience. I like David Cook and want to see him do well.

Jason Castro (“I Don’t Wanna Cry”)
Ah now, here's my favorite! And by favorite I mean so-buying-his-album. Love his style. He has a distinct style all his own and I love what he does every week. I hope he sticks around longer than Syesha and Kristy. I think he will. I'm with Magistra--A Cook (David, not Kristy Lee)/Castro finale would be FABULOUS. We haven't had that good (exciting) a finale since Season 2, IMO. Love this guy!

Tops for me for them: David Cook and Jason Castro (I'm still singing "Over the Rainbow" as I walk around). Love him.
Bottom 3: The girls with a girl going home and we can only hope it's Syesha

No comments:

Post a Comment