What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Am I a Believer?

I'm not a Neil Diamond fan, but I thought this could be a good week given how many songs he's recorded.

RANDOM THOUGHTS: I had no idea Neil Diamond wrote so many songs. It's a nice week to have two performances each. Why, oh why do they tinker like this. I didn't like how the judges didn't comment after each performance, and then they really blew it by having the judges give a quick recap in the middle of the show. Paula rambles so much when she's giving comments anyway that making her recall all 5 of the performances was just a setup. She's going to get a lot of flak for this one, but doesn't deserve harsh treatment. I felt rushed while I was watching. I'm not sure that's the effect the producers were going for.

Jason Castro: This was another mediocre night for him, although I did enjoy his first performance. It was a bit copycat, but I felt it was nicely done. He doesn't look comfortable without his guitar, though. He ends up sauntering along the stage looking a bit awkward.

David Cook: I thought he did really well tonight. His first song was good, not great, and his second was definitely a good one. Like Simon said, it sounded like it was recorded this year. He just keeps bringing it.

Brooke White: I hated the first song. I'm sure my children will love it since she sang a "Shrek song." Karaoke night with the ladies was an accurate description. Her second one was great, though. I think she does sound much better behind the piano. I'm not sure how long she can last, though. She also seems set on arguing with Simon in her saccharine kind of way. Too annoying at this point.

David Archuleta: I'm so shocked he picked arguably the two most well-known Neil Diamond songs. He did a nice job as always imitating the original. He adds a few embellishments, but the arrangements are predictable. With that said, he did quite well, demonstrating he is a great singer. I recognize his talent but have been quite bored with him for a while.

Syesha Mercado: The first one was bland and boring, but the second song was much better. Randy tried to hide the fact that he called her a broadway singer, but it's true. It was a good performance from a good actress. I don't think she can win the whole thing, but she could outlast the other female vocalist.

Tops for me: David Cook
Bottom couple:
Brooke White, and based on last night, Jason Castro
Good-bye to:
Brooke White

No comments:

Post a Comment