What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Top 10

I know. I'm a little behind. Someone's already been booted, but it's on TiVo and my sweetie is across the street getting goodies at the grocery store because I love to eat at night while we watch our shows. Anyway, I'll keep it short.

Ramiele Malubay (“Alone” by Heart)
I've tired of her. I love this song, but it's so not right on her. "Alone" is the one song I liked on Carrie Underwood, however. This girl seems so fake-babyish and immature. Her pouty lip irritates me. I'm bored and annoyed with her--bad combo.

Jason Castro (“Fragile” by Sting)
I really like this kid. A lot. I'd like to see him go far because I like him and because he's unique (unlike Syesha who is so not). This wasn't that great, but I hope he sticks around.

Syesha Mercado (“If I Were Your Woman” by some diva, right?)
She sang well, but I don't like her. She's good, but not unique. I get annoyed by her high praise (which she seems to relish--that girl does not take criticism well). I'm reminded of how I've felt about LaToya London. Good, but boring and not at all unique. I won't be sad when she's booted. I'm only sad that it's taking so long, even though she's doing well.

"Cheesy" Chikezie (“If Only for One Night” by Luther Vandross)
Oh dear. Don't. Do. Ballads. He may be in trouble. I like him, but yikes.

Brooke White (“Every Breath You Take” by The Police)
Ah, the stalker song. So creepy. I haven't ever liked this song. I love Sting, but I don't love this song by the Police. And I'm glad she toned down the talking during judgment. I love what she did on that Pat Benetar number but 2 of the judges back then jumped on her for not building it up using the band. So she does this time and they don't like it. That has got to be frustrating for the contestants. I dig her and an instrument a la Carly Simon. I'd like to see her stick around because she's a billion times more interesting than our resident diva, of whom I've tired.

Michael Johns (“We Will Rock You”/“We Are the Champions” medley by Queen)
I LOVE medleys on him! Phenomenal. I loved it. Like a total rock concert professional. Fantastic! I like it and I like him and I've been wanting to see him do well!

Carly Smithson (“Total Eclipse of the Heart” by hmmm, not quite sure)
Good, but not very memorable. I almost forgot what she sang. I like her and I want her to do well. Poor girl is so slammed for song choice. I feel for her--I hope she chooses something really great soon (like she has once? so far).

Little David Archuleta (“You’re the Voice” by some Australian dude)
I actually know this song! Though I'm not sure how. He is REALLY into political activism in song, isn't he. This kid is sort of stinking it up in the top 12. I mean, he's good, but he's doing worse, not better, on the big stage.

Kristy Lee Cook (“God Bless the USA” by Lee Greenwood)
I like this song and she did a very good job and I'm glad for her. She strikes me as a bit naive so I think Simon is giving her way too much credit for song choice. She probably doesn't even know about what's been going on in Iraq this week.

David Cook (“Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson)
Wow! That was impressive! I thought the judges would either love it or hate it. Thankfully, they seem to love it!

Tops for me for them: Michael Johns and David Cook
Bottoms for me for them: The others, but especially Ramiele (though I think she has a big voter base, unfortunately)
Being Celebrated Home: Chikeze? Why, oh why did he blow it?

2 comments:

  1. At some point I realized that all love songs could also be taken as being sung by the Higher Self or God to the mortal self (like any other passionate utterance that comes out of our mouths, such as the heartfelt opinions and advice we give others when we're angry with them).

    Hearing "I'll Be Watching You" from that perspective gives it a whole new meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting perspective! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete