What started as a group of friends emailing at least weekly has turned into this blog. I guess we're ready to share our modest humor with the world! DAILY UPDATES, *HILARIOUS REVIEWS*, AI GOSSIP!! Be sure to pay attention to who's posting what--we have several contributors, read the comments, and CHECK OUR LINKS ON THE LEFT to not miss posts! We generally all "meet here" after the shows especially. WELCOME!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Final 2

Oh my goodness! They haven't had this good of a finale since Ruben and Clay, in my opinion. Possibly Bo-Carrie, but with a TON more likeability. They are both SO GOOD!!

Let me rate them, not against each other, but just on how well it was sung/performed. 1-10, 1 being abysmal and 10 being phenomenal.

First song:

Blake - Bon Jovi song- 9
Jordin - Christina song - 8

They're both SO GOOD!! I'm so glad he chose that one as his favorite. They always say you shouldn't do Christina, but she rocked.

Second song:

Blake - Maroon 5's She Will Be Loved - 9
Jordin - With A Broken Wing - 8

I'm so glad she chose that as her favorite (it's mine, too, of hers) and omigosh ANYTHING Maroon 5 on Blake totally works. Love them both!

Third song (finale song):

Blake - 7
Jordin - 8

Ugh, that song doesn't fit Blake, but he still did well and the guy has a lot of class to not get negative about it, especially after 2 guys just got congratulated for writing the song. And big kudos to Blake for letting Jordin choose after the coin toss, too. Jordin is phenomenal, there's no question, but she was actually off quite a bit in that song! I do think she's amazing and totally deserves the win, though it's anyone's ball game and they're both CLEARLY successful and rightly so. It's really a matter of taste on this one. I like them both. :) The band was loud, the judges were fine tonight. Great finale!

Chris Daughtry (who I like) was off tonight, too. What's the deal?!

I love seeing the finalists all excited about the big stage and audience. THEY ARE SO CUTE!! Woohoo! I *think* Jordin's going to win, but I really don't know. This is a FUN finale!! It's about time!

4 comments:

  1. I like Blake, too, but I think you're being way too generous or optimistic.

    Chris was only a little off, to me. I thought he brought it off quite well. Maybe he's just getting a little bored with that song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As great as Jordin is, I don't think anyone can really write off Blake yet. In some ways it's a bit surprising fans kept him this long. Even Daughtry couldn't crack the Top 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I missed Daughtry - my DVR cut off too soon or they went way over or something!!

    Oh well - I saw the finalists, which is what it's all about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I watched Chris on YouTube, and hah! I'm a little embarrassed to admit I never realized that was Chris singing in all those *Goodbye Montages*!!! I always loved the song but didn't know who sang it. Ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete